Try These Simple Ways to Jumpstart Your Fitness Journey!
Ever felt tired and stressed out from a long day? Same here! Maybe you’re feeling overworked and overtired that when there is any free time, all you want to do is hang out on the couch to watch TV and zone out. Forget about play time with the kids or going out with friends because your energy is totally zapped. It can be totally frustrating.
Exercising even for 30 minutes a day can do wonders to make you feel better physically but also mentally. The 30 minutes doesn’t even have to be done all at once. Breaking it up into shorter sessions throughout the day will still give that added boost. It may even help to improve appetite control, nutritional habits and sharpen thinking skills. Not to mention that sleeping at night will come much more naturally and easier.
Regular exercise has other added benefits like fostering self-discipline and viewing life in a more positive way. It may lift your spirits and give an encouraging push to get through the rest of the day. Just remember, when starting out, try an exercise for 15 minutes, 2 to 3 days a week…start where you feel comfortable. Listen to your body. Only increase the time when ready, take breaks when needed and adjust as you go along. You’ll be surprised by the amount of energy after a basic exercise or activity.
Here are some simple ways to jumpstart your fitness journey:
1. Walk the Walk. Take advantage of your surroundings. Live near a park, walking trail or track? Look around and find a good spot. Include your dog and take a stroll around the neighborhood. Grab a family member or a friend and get them moving too! Then turn that walk into a jog or a run. Make it a daily thing and soon you’ll be on the right path to a healthy fitness routine.
2. Explore the Wonders of Yoga or Pilates. Yoga and Pilates are both wonderful, low-impact forms of exercise that energizes not only the body but also the soul. Learning even some basic positions can still be very effective. A five-minute exercise can perk you right up and be recharging. It’s the perfect way to relax and stretch.
3. It’s Time to Play Ball. Pick up a sport like baseball, basketball, tennis, or soccer. Think outside of sports with balls too, like swimming, gymnastics, cycling or martial arts. There’s something for everyone! It’s a tried-and-true way of keeping healthy and fit while having tons of fun. Don’t forget moderation is key. You don’t have to go all out with a competitive sport. Look for recreational leagues or grab some friends and play at your leisure.
4. Exercise Programs & Clubs. Checkout your local parks and recreation office to see if there are any programs you can take part in, try your neighborhood homeowner’s association to find out what they provide or see if there is anything your company offers. If all else fails, ask if you can help to start these programs.
5. Household Chores. Take advantage of household tasks like vacuuming, gardening, raking leaves, mowing the lawn, doing the laundry or dishes. Making double use of them as chores and as exercise will help with fitness goals and keep your house in tip top shape. Go ahead and put on some music and get to work!
As part of a daily routine, exercising doesn’t have to be that complicated. Just jumping in and starting with these simple ways to implement fitness into your lives is great start. Don’t be afraid to change things up a little bit. Try new exercises and foods that work better at impacting and increasing your energy levels and mood. Quick vegan and vegetarian meals, like Yaya’s Garden, can really make it easy enough to get those healthier food options to support your goals. Mix it up and see what works for you! Not only will you be feeling more energized but it’s sure to positively affect all areas of your health & wellness, giving you a better balance in your fitness journey.